MLA Education Fund Scholarship
MLA has a scholarship fund to assist with defraying costs for attending MLA workshops, educational events and the association’s annual conference.
Eligibility Requirements to receive an MLA Education Fund Scholarship to attend MLA workshops and/or educational events:
- Applicant must be an individual member of MLA to qualify for an “Individual Member Scholarship.”
- Organizational members may apply for a scholarship on behalf of any staff member if that person is an individual member of MLA.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need and effectively articulate the value of the scholarship to their work.
- Members are eligible to receive one scholarship per lifetime.
Additional Requirements for MLA/MALC Academic Libraries Scholarship:
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide three (3) Michigan MLS/MLIS students with full registrations to Academic Libraries conference and travel expenses ($250 value).
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in an accredited MLS/MLIS program.
- Applicant must be a professional librarian working in an academic library (MLS/MLIS requirement.)
Click here for the information sheet and application.
Deadlines for scholarship applications for any event/workshop/conference are listed below.
Events Deadline Dates
Annual Conference 2018 September 1, 2018
Leadership Academy 2020 TBD
Spring Institute 2019 February 7, 2019
Workshops 2019 February 7, 2019
Academic Libraries 2019 January 18, 2019
MLA/MALC Academic Libraries Scholarship
When the Michigan Academic Library Council (MALC) ceased operation, their bylaws stipulated that any remaining assets must be transferred to another 501©3 organization. MALC graciously chose MLA to receive the funds. Their donation has resulted, in part, in a scholarship fund to provide three (3) librarians and four (4) students with registration and travel expenses to attend the Academic Libraries Conference. To apply, download and complete the appropriate applications (librarian or student) and forward to MLA.