MLA Interest Groups
The MLA Board of Directors launched informal Interest Groups to foster member engagement in addition to the current MLA professional development opportunities offered. By participating in an Interest Group, you can:
- explore networking opportunities with colleagues
- engage with others to discuss problems and find solutions
- keep current on trending topics
- share resources and materials with colleagues
- develop leadership skills
- create knowledge resources
- lead MLA into the future.
How is an MLA Interest Group established?
To start an interest group a volunteer coordinator should submit the MLA New Interest Group Application form with a topic description and the names of ten or more individuals with a common interest within the scope of MLA’s guidelines.
If you are ready to establish a new interest group, review the MLA Interest Group Procedures, and submit the MLA New Interest Group Application Form to MLA@milibraries.org.