Welcome to the MLA Virtual Open House website scavenger hunt! We hope you will use this fun opportunity to tour the website and discover new ways to engage with MLA. As you search the site for answers, use the navigation tabs along the top of each page to identify possible question categories. Drop down menus under each tab will further narrow down your search. But don’t miss the forest for the trees – some things may be hidden in plain sight!
After you’ve completed the hunt, download the answer key (including breadcrumbs for where to find the information) to see how well you did. Enjoy!
- Who is Mary A. Eddy and what role did she play in MLA history?
- How many classifications of MLA memberships are available?
- Name the four action shortcut buttons on the homepage that will link you directly to the most utilized pages on the site.
- True or False: You can access current and back issues of MLA newsletters from the website.
- What is the date of the MLA Academic Libraries 2015 Conference and where will it be held?
- How many separate scholarship funds are available to help defray the cost of attending MLA workshops and conferences?
- If you have a question about professional development, which staff member should you call?
- How many 2014-15 volunteer work groups are there for?
- True or False: The MLA website includes a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) to assist in navigating the new site landscape?
- What is the name of MLA’s new newsletter?
- Name three things you can do online through the website to manage your MLA membership.
- If you want to contact a member of the Michigan legislature regarding an advocacy issue, where could you find this information on the MLA website?
- What is MLA’s mission statement?
- True or False: Members can now self-submit individual or organizational member spotlight surveys via the website.
- Where can you find the latest MLA news? (Hint: There are actually two ways to easily access current and back articles.)
- What is the newest award presented by MLA to a literary work?
- True or False: MLA event information can be exported to Outlook and shared via social media directly from the website?
- What is the name of MLA’s supplier guide and where can you access if on the site?
- Who are the featured speakers for MLA 2014?
- True or False: It is free for job seekers to post a resume on the MLA Career Center.
Congratulations, you made it! We hope you enjoyed touring the new site in search of answers and that you learned a bit more about some of the new features. This hunt was designed to start your exploration of the site; we hope you’ll continue to discover all the ways you can interact and engage with your MLA to support your personal and professional growth. If you have ideas for ways we can improve the MLA website experience, we’d love to hear them! Contact Laura Covey, Director of Membership, Communications and Marketing at lcovey@milibraries or (517) 394-2774 ext. 225.